In philanthropy, there is much written about responsive and strategic approaches to philanthropy. Which approach is the most appropriate? Meaningful? Effective? While there is always room for both approaches, it's important for foundations to understand each one to determine when one approach may be preferable to another.
In this guide, you'll discover:
- The definition of responsive vs. strategic grantmaking
- The pros and cons of responsive vs. strategic grantmaking
- 10 tips for getting started in strategic grantmaking
- 5 mistakes to avoid when focusing on your grantmaking
- A board's role in determining direction and strategy